NSW Floodplain Harvesting Metering
NSW FPH metering with added reservoir seepage and evaporation loss measurement
NSW Floodplain Harvesting Metering with additional sensors and data stream to provide farmers also with seepage information useful for seeking a seepage right.
The OFCP may provide a rebate on (pricing includes rebate):
|Vega Depth sensor||$747.50|
|Exel mount for Vega sensor||$300.00|
Installation and mobilization up to 50% of item costs (pricing includes rebate):
|Posts and Brackets||$75.00|
Weather sensors needed to bring cost up to above minimum claimable rebate – these will facilitate calculation of evaporation and by water balance, seepage + unaccounted losses.
|Air Temp Rel. Humidity||$50.00|
Costs not covered by the rebate may include:
- Hosting of data on a separate server to the one provided by government
- Initial setup of RTU
- SIM card costs
- For the required secondary metering we recommend gauge boards as they do not fail when technical expertise is no longer available and since these are not digitally connected, they are not covered in the OFCP. Secondary metering can also be a second Run Time Unit and Vega sensor – and if permission to send a second data stream from extra sensors managed by the primary RTU is never granted by WaterNSW this will be required to get the rebate.
- Bureaucratic administration costs – for this program these can be beyond comprehension
- NRAR and Water NSW dispute costs
- Pre-installation approvals process
- Ongoing consultation on calculation of and verification of evaporation and seepage losses
- Survey costs – benchmarking, bathymetry, any seepage investigation done with survey.