On Farm Connectivity Program
50% rebate on eligible products
Groundwater Imaging can supply a large range of connectivity solutions on farms. The Australian government has announced a program that may make this 50% cheaper:
What is the On Farm Connectivity Program?
- The OFCP is an Australian Government initiative providing a 50% rebate to suppliers of eligible products installed for farmers.
- We obtained eligibility for the listed products.
- The 30 Million dollar rebate program is expected to start in late 2023.
- Eligibility rules restrict to use by farmers only on projects with rebates from $3,000 to $30,000 (projects from $6,000 to $60,000 or more with less rebate) on a first come first served basis until 30th May 2024 or until funds run out – whichever is earliest. See the full list of rules here.
- The program does not seem to exclude expenditure on NSW government non-urban metering and floodplain harvesting metering compliance devices.
Examples of expenditure:
- NSW FPH metering with added reservoir seepage and evaporation loss measurement.
- NSW non-urban metering plus soil moisture sensors.
- Soil moisture sensors for irrigation scheduling
- Levels and volumes in water supplies.
- Soil profiling from an overhead irrigator – every time it moves.
- Soil profiling from a spray rig – every time it moves.
- Deep transect soil change imaging during irrigation events, weather events and water transport and storage events.